It’s that time of the year again and Port Douglas is in the full festive season!
Of course it can be a bit of a nightmare with restaurants opening and closing at strange times over the periods, so here is our little guide to dining in Port Douglas over the next few weeks.
– Port Douglas restaurants open for Christmas and New Year’s Eve (but book early so you don’t miss out).
– Rule of thumb is that generally on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day restaurants that are not part of a resort or accommodation house will be closed apart.
With the exception of:
- 2 Fish Restaurant, Port Douglas and District Combines Service Club – OPEN CHRISTMAS DAY LUNCH, BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL
- Sheraton Mirage, Rendezvous Reef Resort Hotel (resort guests only) – OPEN CHRISTMAS DAY LUNCH & DINNER, BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL
- Sheraton Mirage, The Beach Shack, Zinc, Finz, 2 Fish, On The Inlet Restaurant, Zai Café, Port Douglas Combined services club – OPEN NEW YEARS EVE AND NEW YEARS DAY
If your favourite restaurant isn’t listed here don’t worry too much, most open again after all the major public holidays and on Boxing Day (but always call ahead to be sure).
When planning dinner of NYE remember that there is a fireworks display put on by local business and the Port Douglas Chamber of Commerce. Time your dining around the start times which are normally 9pm (for those that can’t make it to midnight) and midnight on the 31st Dec.