- Daintree Village: 45 minutes – 55km
- Daintree Ferry: 40 minutes – 60km
- Cape Tribulation: 1 hour 45 minutes – 85km
- Cooktown: 3 hours 30 minutes inland – 400km
- Mossman Gorge: 15 minutes – 20km
- Cairns Airport: 50 minutes – 72km
- Cairns City: 60 minutes – 80km
We have safe swimming all year round. Four Mile Beach is patrolled by Surf Lifesaving Queensland and during November–May, a stinger net swimming enclosure is in place to provide a safe swimming environment.
Four Mile beach is regularly patrolled and observed for any sign of crocodiles, on the rare occasion when a crocodile is sighted the beach is closed. We recommend swimming in the patrolled area and observing any current warnings that may be in place.
You’ll be spoilt for choice! Here’s a few favourites…Rainforest Habitat, Quicksilver reef cruises, Daintree river cruises, Lady Douglas cruise, Anzac Park, 4 Mile Beach.
The Port Douglas markets operate every Sunday from 7:00 am till 3:00 pm. The Kuranda markets are open everyday.
Yes, you can do a lovely historical walk and Four Mile Beach is an enjoyable walk at low tide. Check out our ‘Fab Free things to do’ page.
You can access the Bump Track from Julatten or Mowbray. Please see us when in Port for a printed map.
This quaint old church is located at at Anzac Park. (end of Macrossan Street)
You will find the public toilets (restrooms) at both ends of Macrossan Street – at the Coles supermarket, little park on the corner of Macrossan and Grant St, and the Reef Marina on Wharf St.
Yes, you’ll find them at the Esplanade on 4 Mile Beach.
- Jan – March: This is our wet or “Green Season”. It’s the time for tropical rain and it is humid. It’s the time of year when our waterfalls come to life!
- April – Oct: Generally our dry season. While other parts of Australia are wearing “Winter woollies”, we are generally experiencing envious warm, sunny days. Maybe a light jacket for the evening in June-July.
- Nov – Dec: Generally warm/hot days and building humidity. A great tropical feel!
As a guide, average air temperatures are:
|Average daily maximum. ℃||31.8||31.5||30.7||29.3||27.6||25.9||25.6||26.4||27.9||29.7||30.8||31.8|
|Average daily maximum. ℉||89||89||87||85||82||79||78||79||82||85||87||89|
The warmer water temperatures of our tropical region range from 22-29 Celsius (75-85 Fahrenheit) and generally make for year round comfort for water activities.
Here’s a guide : Summer 29℃ /83℉, Autumn 25℃ /76℉, Winter 22℃ /72℉, Spring 25℃ /76℉.